Friday 22 February 2013

Pitch Feedback

Following our session in which we pitched our idea to the class, we have received the following feedback -

It appears we have received some positive and negative feedback.

Our approach apparently isn't original enough, I'm not sure if I agree or disagree with this because there are only so many approaches you can take for a documentary such as ours. The reasoning behind our idea is that the majority of people only see the 'mask' of the morris. They only see it being performed, with a full make-up and outfit. We aim to explore behind the mask, the reasoning behind the tradition, the people themselves and their lives, and to eliminate the common stereotype towards the dance.

I agree with the statement about the 2 minute piece, and I think it will be a challenge to create a 'poetic' piece. From the footage we have captured so far, I cannot think of much I'd like to put in the two minute piece. In my head, I vision a calm, soothing, some-what slow but poignant film showing the colours, richness and the elegance of the dance with no speech whatsoever.

Whether we'll be able to achieve this is another matter. Hopefully our main camera operator (cinematographer) Natalie has some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment